Coconut Oil, Ketones and Alzheimer's

Monday, June 22, 2009

Emulsification of coconut oil/MCT oil

I want to share something I just learned about a way to make coconut oil blend in easier to certain foods. "Emulsification" of an oil does a couple of things, 1. makes it mixable with foods that contain water, 2. makes the oil particles much smaller so that more is absorbed and potentially higher ketone levels could occur. I want to thank Marjie, who is in the restaurant business, and told me that the addition of "lethicin" to the CO and/or MCT oil will emulsify it. So I bought some liquid soy lethicin at the local health food store that she recommended (Fearn brand for about $11 per quart) and have been experimenting a bit. It is very thick. I overdid it the first couple of times, but found that 1/4 teaspoon in about 8 ounces of the oils seems to do the trick. We add it to yogurt or kefir (liquid yogurt) and it mixes in much better with than without the lethicin. I plan to try it today with coffee, etc. There are many more ways that this could make a difference and easier for people to use this, such as orange juice, tea, coffee, smoothies, salad dressings and might not layer out on things like oatmeal so much. I plan to add it to plain old coconut oil also to see if it make its liquid at a lower temperature. Will get back to this after some experimentation over the next few days.

166 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home